Casein is one of the best supplements in the market but it is one of the most neglected supplements as well. Beginners usually underestimate the potential of this supplement, but professionals understand the need of nutrients when you are not doing any physical activities. Body needs nutrients while you are not doing anything that is mandatory to build muscles. But all we care about is nourishing while training. You must have heard about whey protein but rarely about casein as it is not used as pre workout or post workout supplements usually. Casein consists of all the nutrients that whey protein does have and very useful for your fitness goals for the long run. Here we will understand why it is important to include casein in your daily routine.
What is Casein?
Casein is a slow-digesting protein which is found in milk that releases amino acids very slowly which helps your muscles to get stronger in sleep by fastening the muscle recovery process and reducing muscle breakdown process. In a milk, there are two types of proteins – whey protein and casein. Whey is only 20 % whereas casein acquires maximum percentage. Whey protein is fast absorbing that is why it is used after or before your training. Whereas casein is slow digesting protein, it is not as popular as whey among beginners in bodybuilding. Here are some reasons why you should use casein protein as well.
Why To Use Casein Protein?
Here are some reasons why you should include casein in your bodybuilding journey.
- Very effective for Muscle Development: It consists of all the essential amino acids which our body faces hard times to produce naturally. It consists of very high amounts of leucine which is very important for protein synthesis in muscles.
- Boost your immune system: It consists of antibacterial properties that help us to fight against various diseases. In such a way it helps in boosting immunity.
- Reduces triglyceride levels: casein is very helpful in reducing the triglyceride levels in the body which are responsible for unwanted weight gaining. If you are on a weight loss journey or managing your weight, you must give it a try.
- Rich source of antioxidants: To fight against harmful free radicals and its side effects, use casein which consists of an excellent source of antioxidants.
- Slow-digest: It takes time to get digested as it digests very slowly which means you will get the nutrients later. You can use this property to stay nourished when you need no energy for your physical activities, like the time of sleeping. so , it will play an important role in muscle growth than any other fast absorbing protein.
No doubt the body needs nutrients for the ceaseless supply of energy while practicing various physical activities. But nutrients are important when you are doing nothing especially in your sleeping time. This time your body needs more nutrients to nourish muscles and make them stronger to increase your athletic performance. Casein is the best source of these nutrients that keep your body, muscles, cells, and tissue nourished while you are sleeping.