Wheelchair insurance covers folding wheelchairs against damages, breakages and theft. Occasionally, wheelchair users can be covered with this insurance depending on the policy.
Replacing a wheelchair in case of the above uncertainties is expensive, especially when one is unprepared for such occurrences.
I bet, you would not want to miss out on what your group of friends, family or even office buddies are doing when your wheelchair breaks up, right?
However, you shouldn’t get worried over a damaged wheelchair or even a stolen one when wheelchair insurance cover is there for you.
Want to know more about wheelchair insurance offers? Continue reading.
Before we embark on what to consider when choosing wheelchair insurance, let us look at what wheelchair insurance can offer you.
What Is Wheelchair Insurance?
Before choosing wheelchair insurance, be well conversant with the terms and conditions, and more importantly, the specificity of the insurance.
For instance, check out keenly what the insurance covers and under what circumstances they cover it. Can it cover your wheelchair in cases of theft? Or does it only consider breakages. Can it cover in case of fire?
It is important to know that different policies cover different situations. Below are typical wheelchair coverage policies for different situations:
- Unpreventable accidents such as fires or floods. You should check if you want the insurance to cover the above accidents (fire, floods, or even storms)
- Cover for whoever uses your wheelchair, you included. Does the insurance cover friends, relatives or any other person who will use your wheelchair?
- The cost of replacement in case of theft or severe damage
- Do you prefer 24-hour recovery services or weekday and working hours recovery only
- Check out if you need the policy to cover other property which might get lost together with the wheelchair in cases of theft of your wheelchair
- Note of any recoveries in cases of deliberate vandalism
You also need to know about the recovery services in cases of damage:
- whether your wheelchair is recovered anywhere
- whether the wheelchair should be recovered during working hours only
- or the policy should be available on a 24-hour basis including holidays
- whether the wheelchair in cases of damages should be recovered at a specific pick-up point or anywhere
Having looked at the situations that might be covered by different wheelchair insurance policies, lets embark on the solid things to consider when choosing a wheelchair insurance policy:
- First and foremost, check at the range of policies covered by the insurance. Keenly note if the policies suite your situation at hand.
- Check the prices of each policies. Wheelchair insurance companies offers varying cost per policy depending on the strength of occurrences of such scenarios. This helps customers to choose how to spend.
A light reminder: don’t spend before comparing the range of policies covered.
- Finally, it is always a good idea to choose a wheelchair in your country. This is because it is easier to understand the policy in detail, especially when explained in your language rather than a foreign language.
Strongly consider a wheelchair insurance. This will help you avoid overspending in cases of damages, calamities or theft.